[mythtv-users] De-interlacing question

Darrin mtv at aperature.org
Tue Sep 30 15:58:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:46 AM, <Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com> wrote:

> If the refresh rate of the display is not the same, or a multiple of the
> material being played, this can cause jerky panning.
>
> Earlier I had a 50" DLP TV that only accepted 60 Hz refresh rate on DVI. It
> displayed PAL material very well except for jerky panning.
>
> I now have a 46" LCD which accepts 50-60Hz, and I think also 24Hz/24p on
> HDMI and the difference in panning is very noticeable.
>
> I used a "Lord of the Rings" PAL DVD to test in both cases.
>
> Jens

This is very informative and may relate to an issue I'm having.  1080i video
is now playing back fine for me, but 720p is not.  I get the stuttering
audio/video issue.

Unfortunately, I don't have a setting available to me to make the refresh
exactly the same as the video.  The monitor wants 60.0Hz refresh, but the
video is 59.97 as far as I know.  How would one set the X refresh rate to a
fractional number when it doesn't appear to be supported by the NVidia
driver?