[mythtv-users] login's with Ubuntu...

Darrin mtv at aperature.org
Tue Sep 30 11:10:11 UTC 2008

I recently  installed mythtv via synaptic on my system and I'm not fond of
the way the system just auto-logs-in to the mythtv user account.  For one, I
use a non-standard keyboard layout and the system is reverting to us qwerty
at the login prompt.  Since I haven't had a need to type in that layout in
years, it's frustrating to blindly hunt around trying to figure out how to
type my username and password ... and the 30 second timeout before it goes
back to the mythtv login isn't helping any, either.

How can I disable this behavior and recover my sanity?  I can't for the life
of me understand why mythtv would be messing around with my keyboard
layout.  Also, it's a lot easier to diagnose problems when you *aren't*
logged into the mythtv account.

Thanks.