[mythtv-users] Thumbnails not generated for mythweb

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 03:44:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> The right way to do a mythconverg backup is using mysqldump.  Best
> approach, IM(not-so)HO,
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore .  If
> you backed up the binary files and your MySQL server changed in any way,
> they may not work.

I'm kind of old school, so I did my backups the mysqldump way... since
I've been running MythTV for longer than that particular backup script
has been around.  Did not use any binary backups.

>> Any ideas?  Is there someway I can manually trigger thumbnail generation?
>
> Check storage groups config, first.

Okay, I've fixed my groups storage config.  Even though new recordings
were going into my mythtv/store folder, my 'Default' group was
mysteriously blank.  I've since corrected that, restarted mythbackend
and httpd.  Still no new thumbnails are being generated?