[mythtv-users] SLIM vs, CPU--

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 02:48:05 UTC 2008

I was watching "This Week" yesterday and got lots of skip in the audio
under CPU-- but it played fine under SLIM.  I thought that strange as
CPU-- was XvMC and had a B&W OSD so I am sure that XvMC was working.
This is a frontend only Celeron 2.4GHz of the P4 variety.  The program
was ATSC HD

I would think that the CPU-- would be less processor demanding and
thus less likely to have this problem.  At least, that is what the
documentation says.  This is not what I am seeing.

What is the story?

Allen