[mythtv-users] Thumbnails not generated for mythweb

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 22:07:26 UTC 2008

I am in the process of transitioning my recordings onto a new backend
with better hardware to handle HDTV/Firewire capture.  I dumped my
mythconverg database to .tar.gz files and restored it successfully on
my new backend.

My new setup seems to record and generate thumbnails properly for all
my recordings.  However, it is not displaying the thumbnails for the
old recordings from the old backend setup.

Did some Googling around, and deleted all the old thumbnail files,
then adjusted my Mythfrontend to generate thumbnails at 121 seconds
from the start of the recording (instead of 120 seconds).
Unfortunately, the thumbnails are not showing up.

Some other threads suggested setting my timezone in php.ini, I did
that.  Clearing my mythweb data/cache folder - now I seem to get one
thumbnail for each recording, but it's 0 bytes in size.

This is MythTV-0.21 (from atrpms) running on CentOS 5.2 (x86_64).

I tried re-commflagging a recording, rebuilding the seektable for a
recording.  Those didn't work either.  If I use
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl on a recording *not* in the database, it will
regenerate the thumbnail.  But I don't want to drop all my old
recordings and re-enter the information.

In my recordings directory (mythtv/store), I can see the full-sized
thumbnail files for each recording (.png), and they're not 0 bytes in
size.  However, only the "newly recorded" shows have the mythweb
thumbnails with a 100x75.png extension.

I don't see any kind of error message in my mythbackend.log file; nor
my apache logs.

Any ideas?  Is there someway I can manually trigger thumbnail generation?

Thanks!