[mythtv-users] Filesystem for recordings

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 21:46:49 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 29/09/2008, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>  Anyway, onto my question:  I bought a 500gb SATA drive which will be
>>  used for my recordings.  Should I format that drive as EXT3 or XFS?  I'm
>>  not really sure which would be better, so any input would be appreciated.
>>

> I would use either XFS or JFS where large files are concerned - I've
> used both (currently use JFS) and have not had problems with either.

Thanks.  I had heard that XFS was probably a good way to go, so I wanted
to check.  I have another question if you (whoever reads this) doesn't
mind.  I have an IR transmitter from irblaster.info, and I had my
lirc.conf file setup in Fedora to emulate a Hauppage 350.  However, I
don't see either one in the Infrared Remotes/Transmitters section.

Any ideas on what I should use?

Thanks again,
Harry