[mythtv-users] rookie mythtv prospective user

paltron paltron at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 29 17:56:24 UTC 2008

My desjtop is permanently connected by broadband to the Internet and is NOT part of a local network. I installed, de-installed, re-installed MythTV several times, I even tried this Mythbuntu crap, always ended up with the screen I described. Setup?What setup?I can't even get that far.
I'm very frustrated, because it's most likely a tiny thing.
At this point I yanked everything and reverted to my Hauppage WinTV 150 card's ability to watch live TV.
Paul