[mythtv-users] Installing on CentOS 5.2 x86_64

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 16:19:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, I have the mythtv packages installed, but I'm having trouble with my
>> cards.  I have a pcHD5500 card, but when I run mythtv-setup, it says
>> that it can't probe the card for information.  I've been Googling around
>> a bit and see alot of talk about a centos.plus kernel, but I can't seem
>> to find where it is or how to install it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Harry

> I was going to point you to my how to but it appeared someone completely
> rewrote it.   I made it point the differences between Cent and Fedora for an
> install.  It should answer most of your questions.  I have since reverted
> the changes he made to help others.
>
> Take a look:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_RHEL/CentOS
>
> Mitchell

To make life easier, I set up my atrpms.repo file so that it only
pulls those things from testing that are needed:

#
#
[atrpms]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - i386 - ATrpms
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el5-i386/atrpms/stable
failovermethod=priority
exclude=libFLAC* PIL perl-XML-Twig
#
# requires stable
#
[atrpms-testing]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - i386 - ATrpms testing
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el5-i386/atrpms/testing
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
includepkgs=libFLAC* PIL perl-XML-Twig

This way, I don't have to remember to enable atrpms-testing (or
disable it), I can just leave it alone.

George