[mythtv-users] rookie mythtv prospective user

paltron paltron at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 29 15:57:32 UTC 2008

I have a Linux (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS) desktop. Hardware requirements duly met. MythTV installs (both front and backend), however, when I fire up the computer I get to the blue config screen, with no mouse control whatsoever, only the tab key and the enter key works. It starts with a language preference, then goes into a seemingly preset configuration mode, asking about ping, mysql, gives a password, then I somehow navigate to finish and the whole thing freezes there. After a reboot (tried both hot and cold) same scenario, except it also tells me that no backend was found.
It can't be just me (I hope).
What am I doing wrong (if anything)?
Paul