[mythtv-users] Installing on CentOS 5.2 x86_64

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:37:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
> OK, so I've upgraded my box to CentOS 5.2, 64 bit version.  I've
> downloaded the ATRPMs package and now I'm running yum install
> mythtv-suite, and I get the following errors:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(XML::Twig) >= 3.28 is needed by package
> xmltv-grabbers
> Error: Missing Dependency: libFLAC.so.8()(64bit) is needed by package
> mythmusic
> Error: Missing Dependency: PIL is needed by package mytharchive
>

> I know nothing about Perl.  I tried downloading and compiling XML::Twig
> manually, but that complained about XML::Parser 2.23 not being found.
> Is there an easy way to get all of these missing modules installed so I
> can successfully install Myth?  I thought that yum was supposed to take
> care of stuff like this?

In theory - yes, however, I have noticed that the CentOS/RHEL 5 repos
don't seem as complete as the latest Fedora ones, so usually you have
a smoother experience with yum or smart on the latest Fedora.

I think you can install XML::Twig with 'yum install perl(XML::Twig)'.
The same might be true for PIL as well.