[mythtv-users] Optimal settings for speed?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Sun Sep 28 17:58:15 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have an AppleTV with linux installed. I wish to use it as a frontend
but it's painfully slow.

I have already disabled the opengl v-sync, which gives me loads of tearing.
Scrolling in the program guide is incredibly slow (and I wonder if the
channel logo files have anything to do with it.)
Even using the remote takes a split second too long.

Are there any techniques for speeding things up?
I read about people having set up frontend with only 700mhz CPUs, why is
my appletv failing so hard?

--

/Met vriendelijke groeten,/

*Jelle De Loecker*