[mythtv-users] UK scheduling problem (news in the middle)

Mattias Holmlund mattias.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:22:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Edmund <edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> In the UK it is quite common for a programme to start in the evening and
> then stop halfway through. Prime time nightly news is then broadcast and
> then previous programme concludes after the news.
>
> It is scheduled this way. It is particularly common with films broadcast
> on ITV1 and Five.
>
> My myth settings are such that only the first part is being recorded.
> Clearly if I spot such a situation I can manually record both parts.
>
> Has anyone else come up with a solution for this?

This information will probably not help you directly since you cannot
control the data delivered by tv_grab_uk_rt yourself, but it may be
interesting nonetheless.

We have the same problem with interrupted broadcasts in Sweden. I provide
the scheduling data for tv_grab_se_swedb and I have chosen to solve this by
treating these broadcasts as different part-numbers in the xmltv episode-num
field. The first part will have episode-num " . . 0/2 " and the second will
have " . . 1/2 ". I can then tell MythTV to record all episodes of this
programme. It won't work correctly if the programme is aired twice, since it
may be interrupted at two different places so that part 1 from the first
broadcast and part 2 from the second broadcast may not contain the entire
programme if you add them together. But I have never seen this happen in
Sweden.

/Mattias

--
Mattias Holmlund