[mythtv-users] Pinnacle PCTV HD Card $19.95 + $5shipping

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Sat Sep 27 20:29:52 UTC 2008

Am Samstag, 27. September 2008 12:17:47 schrieb Colin McGregor:
> On 9/27/08, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Woot.com  today only.
>
> Two points:
>
> For those who (like myself) live outside the US, Woot only ships to US
> addresses.

The card receives NTSC and ATSC broadcasts. Would not be of much use outside
the of US (except in Canada, of course).

> Also, the Pinnacle card does appear to have decent Linux support
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_HD_Card_(800i)

In the meantime, the card is supported. I am not sure if it works
out-of-the-box, but with current drivers from linuxtv.org, the card is
working and recognised by MythTV.

And there are dvb developers who consider the card's tuner, an xceive
xc5000, as state-of-the-art for OTA reception.

My conclusion: This is really an excellent deal.

--
Gruß
Andreas