[mythtv-users] FreeBSD 7

Patrick Lahni list at cykotix.com
Sat Sep 27 15:45:30 UTC 2008

Quoting Hansa <mythtv at logic-q.nl>:

> Hi Patrick
>
> AFAIK there is a port in /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv which should compile
> on FreeBSD 7.x.
> I started out running MythTV on FreeBSD 6.2 but it failed recognising the
> tuners. Since then I haven't figured out why due to the lack of time.
>
> If you're having trouble to get MythTv working I can point you in the right
> direction however. Try searching or posting on the freebsd-multimedia list.
>
> The maintainer of the mythtv port (usleepless =at= gmail .dot. com) is also
> on that list. If you can't get a direct answer on the list he's probably the
> one to contact.
>
> Good luck and keep us informed on this list.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hansa

Hi Hansa,

I've compiled the port that is currently there, but it is outdated (no
Schedules Direct support).  And you are right, despite the fact that I
can get /dev/cxm0 working manually, mythtv-setup will not accept it as
being a valid device and claims there is no input.

As for joining the freebsd-multimedia list, I'll be sure to join over
there but as far as I know, mythtv is scheduled to be removed from the
ports tree as they've considered it broken for more than 6 months
(http://www.freshports.org/multimedia/mythtv). I hope it is because
he's simply been busy and has not abandoned it.

Regards,

Patrick