[mythtv-users] Multiple inputs per video source

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Thu Sep 25 21:34:32 UTC 2008

Jelle De Loecker schreef:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm going to keep it simple: I have 1 video source and 2 inputs (DVB
> tuners) for it.
>
> Yes, the 2 inputs both "contain" the same data (both can make
> independent locks on the Astra 1 satellite)
>
> Yet, when I start to record something I can not "just" change the
> channel: I have to go through the menu and switch input.
>
> I can not explain this to the people who are also going to use this
> setup. Is there a way to fix it? Am I missing some setting?
>
> --
>
> /Met vriendelijke groeten,/
>
> *Jelle De Loecker*
> Kipdola Studios - Tomberg

I have somewhat found the answer to my problem:
The "Browse across tuners" patch.

http://www.ronfrazier.net/ronfrazier.net/mythtv/#BrowseTuners

Unfortunately it only works on 0.21-fixes. (It does apply on the trunk
with a bit of tweaking, but mythfrontend will still crash when you
actually just press "up" to start browsing.)
I added a note to the ticket:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4501#comment:3

/Met vriendelijke groeten,/

*Jelle De Loecker*