[mythtv-users] Padding on Same Channel But Different Tuners

Xesdeeni xesdeeni2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 16:07:47 UTC 2008

Well, you're right that this thread is now terribly off topic.  But I can't help pointing out that I've been programming in C/C++ professionally for nearly 25 years.  I have released a number of open source and public domain utilities, apps, and plugins.  I have not, however, used *nix in my work or at home until now (well, if you don't count the Linux based Z-500 or router I patched with DD-WRT, or the one very simple command line app I ported from Windoze).

The people I work with are Linux experts in the truest sense of the word, and they bloodied their heads banging them against the wall of package dependencies.

I have only installed MythDora, which of course requires no compilation.  I have been dabbling in setting up the HTPC, but even simple things like enabling Samba, enabling uPnP and MythWeb inside my home network (I haven't dived into the whole SSH or Apache thing to get MythWeb working remotely), and VNC from the Windows PCs to control the headless HTPC, have taken time and research for someone with absolutely no experience in Linux.

I did note that the distribution did not include the source for MythTV, so I downloaded it from MythTV.org.  But unless I can build it with a minimum of extra overhead, making actual changes is a non-starter.

Thanks for you feedback and assistance.  If you have any ideas about the other uPnP issue I found (hidden recordings/empty folders in the "By Title" section), I'd appreciate your insight there as well.

Xesdeeni