[mythtv-users] UK Users - Freeview and Freesat on one installation?

Christopher Watson M8R-6vhih21 at mailinator.com
Thu Sep 25 14:18:16 UTC 2008

Hello to all those UK Mythtv users out there.

Just a quick message to see how you cope with the different channel
numbering conventions between the two platforms, if you have both Freeview
and Freesat cards installed in your setup, as I do?

For example, More4 is 14 on Freeview, but on Freesat it is 138.

If I have two entries for the same channel i.e. one freesat and one freeview
- using the same callsign and channel name, but different channel numbers -
any programs set to record on More4 get recorded twice!

My answer currently is to use the Freeview numbering for all channels that
appear on both and the Freesat numbering for those that appear only there.

Just interested to know if anyone else does anything different?

Chris