[mythtv-users] Bad Audio in MythTV

Paul Deckers pdeckers at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:29:02 UTC 2008

I have installed MythTV 0.21 onto a system with OpenSUSE 11.

The system is fully updated.

I am using an Analog TV Tuner card from Asus with an SAA7135 chip and the
audio out connected to the internal AUX connector on my ASRock K7S41GX
motherboard (Realtek AC97).

With AUX enabled in the audio mixer, I have both good audio and video in
MythTV when watching TV but, as expected, the audio is approx 2 sec out of
sync.

As documented, I muted AUX in the mixer and enabled AUX as the capture
source.

With these settings, I now get a very loud 'buzz' sound and only when I
raise the audio level up can I hear the expected audio quietly in the
background.

I moved the connector to the internal CD-ROM connector and adjusted the
mixer accordingly. Same issue.

If I play recorded TV: same issue.

If I play a DVD, Music or non-recorded video: audio is perfect

I have adjusted various mixer settings to no avail. Somehow, the audio
MythTV is recording is trashed.

Any assistance resolving this would be appreciated.