[mythtv-users] android

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:56:30 UTC 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here has done some development on the
> android sdk?  My contract is about to expire for my phone, and I am
> considering getting either an iPhone or waiting for the
> newly-announced android based phone to be released.  I know there are
> some cool looking iPhone-based myth tools, but wondering if we can
> expect similar things (playback, remote control, other "cool" stuff)
> from the myth community for the android.

I'll also offer that my MyMote app for the iPhone is GPLv2. Although
it's written in objective-c, enterprising individuals may be able to
use some of the code or general architecture of MyMote as an aid in
developing android apps. In particular, I use the MythXML and network
control port to retrieve data and send commands, and I also have an
implementation of uPnP for discovering backends.