[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase options

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Sep 24 15:04:37 UTC 2008

Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It took a long time, but my grabber's configuration is finally working.
>
> The only problem I have now: where can I configure mythfilldatabase
> itself? I don't see any configuration options in mythtv-setup regarding
> when and how it should run.
>
> I have come across a few values in the settings table of the mythconverg
> database, but I can't be 100% sure about what they do.
>
> I could run a cron job, of course, but I thought getting it straight in
> mythtv itself is why it's there.

For some bizarre reason, the configuration of Mythfilldatabase takes place in
the front-end setup, even though the program is only of interest to the master
backend. Some distros do set up a cron job to handle it, but it's probably
better to let the system decide for itself when to run the job - in my case
around 0630 every morning currently.

I can't remember exactly where it is - probably towards the end of the "general"
menu option, after you have filled in the IP addresses etc.

--

Mike Perkins