[mythtv-users] MythTV and digital cable service

gyrlla gyrlla gyrlla22 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 08:54:26 UTC 2008

Just for my clarification, right now, only the Hauppauge HD PVR tuner is
able to record HD channels coming from the STB, correct? Other HD tuners
supported by MythTV only work with non-scramble HD channels I believe.
Please let me know if this is incorrect.

I know people have gotten the HD PVR to work with MythTV, but support for
the device is relatively new. Depending on how comfortable you are working
with Linux, you (Rohit) may want to consider just getting non-HD service
from Comcast or AT&T.

Personally, I find it worth the trouble to set up MythTV, but if you don't
really care and just want a quick capable DVR system up and running, you
should look at SageTV or BeyondTV.