[mythtv-users] Help! - Mythtv is expiring the wrong recordings

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Sep 22 18:56:16 UTC 2008

Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> says:
> I reset the flag with "update recorded set deletepending=0 where
> deletepending !=0;" and the --printexpire now looks sensible.

Thanks for the tip. I ran

       select * from recorded where deletepending != 0;

and found four recordings with the flag, which I changed with your
above command. I agree that some failed delete thread is likely the
cause.

I suggest that anyone whose mythbackend has ever crashed (which is
about 99.44% of us) searches and, if necessary, corrects for the
flag. Perhaps this could go into optimize_mythdb.pl?

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array