[mythtv-users] Advice needed on adding a hard coded Audio PID to mpegstreamdata.cpp

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 22 12:31:48 UTC 2008

Hi All

I'm trying to hard code an Audio PID to the CNN feed on Astra 28E but
am somewhat stuck so a little help is needed please.

CNN on Astra 28E uses 2319 for it's VPID and usually it would use 2320
for it's APID, however it is actually using 2320 for text and  2321
for it's APID.

By looking at the code and a patch required for ITV HD I've worked out
that something like.....

if (pmt.StreamPID(i) == 2319 && type == StreamID::PrivData)
       StreamID::IsAudio(type) == 2321;

Added to /mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mpeg/mpegstreamdata.cpp near line 556
(or perhaps somewhere else more appropriate) would do the job, however
I don't understand the data naming structure, I can't write code for
toffee and I don't want my system to burst into flames because I did
it wrong!!

If someone could give me some pointers I would be very grateful.

Reagrds