[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Best quality SD TV picture from DVB-T source

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Sep 22 12:30:28 UTC 2008

Maatt wrote:
>> Ooo, that could be it. How do I turn it off.
>
> google for "TVDeflicker".

Woo hoo! Setting that to 0 helps. For the first time, I can see the
individual scan lines in interlace_test.mpg, and the two top corners
flicker as they are supposed to. I still can't see the virtical
lines in the bottom half, so the image is still being softened in
that plain, but I suppose that could be the use of S-Video. The white
bar that moves leftwards had combs for a while and then fixed itself.
I wonder if that is a sign of it syncing the fields the wrong way
around. I've heard some chips supported by Unichrome/openchrome
have such a problem. Later I'll try comparing against my DVR
again. Vertically, I'd guess it has to be fine now: I can't see
how you can improve on seeing individual scan lines. But horizontally
it's still looking softened. Really tempted now to try the EN12000E
with it's component video out feature.

Thanks for your advice. Definitely a step forward.

>> Two fold: Colours are slightly weaker
>
> you should be able to correct colour saturation in the mythtv menus
> (look for xv picture controls)

I looked briefly for that before, but couldn't find it. I'll have
another look. I suspect it wont be able to completely undo the
effects of S-Video, but it might get close.

Cheers,
	Paul.