[mythtv-users] Can I turn off the channel preview in the guide while in livetv?

Norm mlists at dressler.ca
Sun Sep 21 21:08:29 UTC 2008

I have a real problem with slow responding guide in SVN.  I've applied
the patch related to this problem from trac that turns off compositing
but that didn't resolve my issue.  Bob deinterlacing is turned off, I
set the eco guide for low-cpu, etc.  But when watching h.264 through my
hd pvr, its still really slow and sometimes not responding for several
seconds.

I'm thinking I can do without watching TV while browsing the guide so if
there is a way to suspend tv while in the guide, I think that might do
the trick for me.

Norm