[mythtv-users] Many programs not getting any commercial detection

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:28:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:46 PM, Dean Harding
<dean.harding at dload.com.au> wrote:
> The GUIGuy wrote:
>> Same here in Australia. It seems more prevalent in free to air HD
>> transmissions. They often have no transition or black frames at all
>> between program contend and commercial breaks.
>
> They also tend not to put the network logo up between the last
> commercial break and the end of the program which often causes the
> commercial detection to skip the end of the program...
>
> There's no possible explanation for that EXCEPT that they do it on
> purpose...
>
> Dean.

Too bad we didn't manage to get any of the 'in the know' folks to
respond, but none of my Sunday morning political talk shows got
commercial detection today.

I think I'll remove the program record instructions, set them up again
new and then see what happens next Sunday. This is three or four weeks
in a row where those programs (This Week, Meet the Press) didn't get
commercial detection.

Cheers,
Mark