[mythtv-users] Which table?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Sep 21 17:52:37 UTC 2008

Michael Sullivan wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 18:36 +0100, Robert wrote:
>> Owen Townend wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Odd, for me these line up exactly with my upcoming recordings.  Each
>>> entry matches to a schedule, each schedule shows a last_record and
>>> next_record which lines up with the previous and next recordings (or
>>> zero).
>>>
>>> mysql> select next_record from `record`;
>>> next_record
>>> 0000-00-00 00:00:00
>>> 2008-09-22 22:25:00
>>> 0000-00-00 00:00:00
>>> 2008-09-22 18:55:00
>>> 0000-00-00 00:00:00
>>> 2008-09-25 20:25:00
>>> 2008-09-25 21:25:00
>>> 2008-09-24 23:00:00
>>> 2008-09-23 21:25:00
>>> 0000-00-00 00:00:00
>>> 0000-00-00 00:00:00
>>> 2008-09-24 20:25:00
>>> 0000-00-00 00:00:00
>>> 0000-00-00 00:00:00
>>>
>>> Can anyone else confirm?
>> I can.
>>
>> SELECT title, next_record
>> FROM record
>> WHERE next_record > now()
>> ORDER BY `record`.`next_record` ASC
>>
>> Top Gear  			2008-09-21 19:00:00
>> Tess of the D'Urbervilles 	2008-09-21 21:00:00
>> Back to You 			2008-09-21 23:25:00
>> How Not To Live Your Life 	2008-09-22 00:45:00
>> Scrubs 				2008-09-22 12:45:00
>> Hollyoaks 			2008-09-22 18:30:00
>>
>> I guess the scheduler must fill in this column - maybe Michael needs to
>> force a scheduling run or something?  I seem to recall an option you can
>> pass into mythbackend to do something like this??
>>
>> Robert.
>
> My previous reply to this thread hasn't come back yet.  I checked man
> mythbackend for this option, but there is no man page for mythbackend...

robert at quad ~ $ mythbackend --help
Valid options are:
-h or --help                   List valid command line parameters
-l or --logfile filename       Writes STDERR and STDOUT messages to filename
-p or --pidfile filename       Write PID of mythbackend to filename
-d or --daemon                 Runs mythbackend as a daemon
-v or --verbose debug-level    Use '-v help' for level info
--printexpire                  List of auto-expire programs
--printsched                   Upcoming scheduled programs
--testsched                    Test run scheduler (ignore existing schedule)
--resched                      Force the scheduler to update
--nosched                      Do not perform any scheduling
--noupnp                       Do not enable the UPNP server
--nojobqueue                   Do not start the JobQueue
--nohousekeeper                Do not start the Housekeeper
--noautoexpire                 Do not start the AutoExpire thread
--clearcache                   Clear the settings cache on all myth servers
--version                      Version information
--generate-preview             Generate a preview image
--upnprebuild                  Force an update of UPNP media
--infile                       Input file for preview generation
--outfile                      Optional output file for preview generation
--chanid                       Channel ID for preview generation
--starttime                    Recording start time for preview generation

Maybe try --printsched to see what it thinks is coming up and then maybe
--resched to see if it updates that table.

The only other thing I can think of is that whatever version of mythtv
you are running doesn't use that column!

Robert.