[mythtv-users] Which table?

bobwsmailbox-mytv at yahoo.com bobwsmailbox-mytv at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 15:06:48 UTC 2008

> Michael Sullivan wrote:
> > I'd like to write a PHP script that will access
> the mythconverg database
> > and query for a list of programs being recorded the
> current day and
> > email that list to myself and another user.  I can
> write the script to
> > query the db and send the email, but I can't
> figure out which table
> > holds that information.  My best bet was the record
> table, but it seems
> > to only return data for shows that I've marked not
> to record:

You might be able to use MythStatus to provide the info you are looking for. It is written in Perl, so you should be able to modify the code to do what you need. Or identify the table it uses. I have been using this for over a year in my motd at logon. Works great.

MythStatus
http://www.etc.gen.nz/projects/mythtv/mythtv-status.html

"This Perl script will display the current status of your MythTV system at the command line. It can optionally append it to the system message of the day (MOTD) on a regular basis (setup by default on Debian, and Debian derived distros).

Features

    * Displays the state of your encoders,
    * Displays any shows currently being recorded,
    * Gives a list of the upcoming recordings,
    * Shows any schedule conflicts,
    * Can send emails if there are schedule conflicts,
    * Gives the amount of time until the next scheduled recording,
    * Can use colour!
    * Reports on disk space, and with some extra patches applied to MythTV supports reporting on individual storage groups in the SVN trunk version of MythTV,
    * Report if the program guide (EPG) doesn't have enough data (by default 2 days),
    * Most of these features don't require having special access to the database (only the schedule conflicts does).
    * The shows which are due to auto expire. "

Bob