[mythtv-users] Can't get mythfilldatabase to fill database

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Sun Sep 21 14:07:04 UTC 2008

Dave M G wrote:
> MythTV Users,
>
> I'm trying to get my program guide up and running.
>
> First question: is it possible to get myfilldatabase up and running
> entirely within the MythTV interface? All the instructions I know of
> seem to require going to the command line.
>
> In any case, this is what I've tried so far:
>
> I downloaded the XMLTV script for my region and ran the configure command:
>
> $ tv_grab_jp --config-file tv_grab_jp.conf --configure
>
> I selected the channels I wanted and then ran the command to create an
> XML file:
>
> $ tv_grab_jp --config-file tv_grab_jp.conf --output jtv.xml
>
> And then I tried to fill the database with the information in the XML file:
>
> $ mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 jtv.xml
> 2008-09-21 21:56:16.741 Bypassing grabbers, reading directly from file
> illegal option: 'jtv.xml' (use --help)
> 2008-09-21 21:56:16.741 DataDirect: Deleting temporary files
>
> It doesn't seem to have done anything.
>
> Am I going about this the right way?

Have you tried "mythfilldatabase --help"?
It will say:
--file <sourceid> <xmlfile>
    Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
    <sourceid> = number of the video source to use with this file
    <xmlfile>  = file to read

So, you need to run: mythfilldatabase --file 1 jtv.xml
I have no idea what that "-1" is tyring to do in your command.

Kind regards,

Mark Wormgoor