[mythtv-users] Can anyone recommend Mythbuntu?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sun Sep 21 01:02:17 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 05:38:28PM -0700, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:

> > Assuming you're running the same version of myth as Mythbuntu, I think you
> > can run a Mythbuntu FE off the CD if you want to test it without messing
> > with your existing config.
> >

> If you run it off the LiveCD, make sure you set the timezone properly
> otherwise your recordings won't play.  I had to find that out the hard
> way.

    I've never really had any good success with any of the "MythTV in a
Can" speciality distributions. Any general purpose distro with good &
relevant hardware support should do. I have a preference for Ubuntu.
Generic Ubuntu has always done well for me and I've never seen the point
of using a "speciality" variant.