[mythtv-users] After the "Change"

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 03:20:36 UTC 2008

larry krasno wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am currently using MD5 with updates and it is great.
>
> In so far as TV specs are concerned, I am somewhat over my head.
>
> I am one of the few who receive my signal only Over-the-Air (OTA) and I
> want to confirm that I will have to do a "rescan" after next Feb.
>
> I live in the San Francisco bay area and as far as I can tell, from my
> on-line reading, after next Feb, the low UHF(?), i.e. channels 2, 5, 7
> and the high VHF(?), i.e.  65 and 66, will change to something else. To
> continue to receive those channels on my mythtv box I will have to do a
> "rescan". My next question is: will the rescan cause any problems with
> the shows in my "library"?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Larry

Do you have a digital tuners?

 From what I understand lots of channels are going to shuffle around, as an
example here  channel 13 has 13 analog, and 23 digital (13.1/13.2), on the
transition 23 digital will go away, and will be moved to where 13 analog was and
13 analog goes away, and that happens with most of the channels, some of the
channels won't be swapping but continue to use their new digital channel (either
by choice, or because their original channel is in the range that is going to be
used elsewhere by the FCC).

Someplace I found a website that actually shows the plan for every metro area's
stations.

                     Roger