[mythtv-users] After the "Change"

larry krasno imagmast at ispmaster.net
Sat Sep 20 01:52:52 UTC 2008

Hi All

I am currently using MD5 with updates and it is great.

In so far as TV specs are concerned, I am somewhat over my head.

I am one of the few who receive my signal only Over-the-Air (OTA) and
I want to confirm that I will have to do a "rescan" after next Feb.

I live in the San Francisco bay area and as far as I can tell, from
my on-line reading, after next Feb, the low UHF(?), i.e. channels 2,
5, 7 and the high VHF(?), i.e.  65 and 66, will change to something
else. To continue to receive those channels on my mythtv box I will
have to do a "rescan". My next question is: will the rescan cause any
problems with the shows in my "library"?

Thanks in advance.

Larry