[mythtv-users] Any advice on cooling down my backend

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Sep 19 20:35:16 UTC 2008

Edmund <edmund.1 at dial.pipex.com> says:
> Sorry for asking such a stupid question but will ssh -X -Y ..... still
> work if I remove the video card from the server?

Yes (and no, you don't need VNC), assuming the system will boot at
all; some will, some won't. I take it there's no on-board video of any
kind at all?

> I'll look into the serial console though I'm not keen on changing the bios.

Eh, LCD monitors are incredibly cheap nowadays. If you can't get an
otherwise to-be-thrown-out 15" LCD flat panel from work or a neighbor
as I did, why not buy one for $50 from eBay? It'll be small enough to
lug around to any headless box that temporarily needs a display.

> Is there anyway to may commercial flagging wait until 2 in the morning?

mythtv-setup|General|Job Queue (backend-specific)

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array