[mythtv-users] Database version problem / sw versions from atrpms?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Sep 19 05:09:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 01:51:05PM -0700, Jeff Bevis wrote:
> What??  Okay, something changed in the time between installs for the
> backend and frontend.  I took it all down, updated everything with yum
> on both boxes, even "reinstall" on the mythtv components.  Still, no
> good.  Then I noticed that the backend and frontend report different
> versions, thus:
>
> ====
> # Linux tomato 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 14:08:11 EDT 2008
> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> # mythfrontend --version
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 17446
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Library API      : 0.22.20080512-2
> Network Protocol : 40
> QT Version       : 4.3.4
> Options compiled in:
> linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend using_dbox2
> using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv
> using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
> using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
> ====
> # Linux grape 2.6.25.14-108.fc9.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Aug 4 13:46:35 EDT
> 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> # mythbackend --version
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 17961M
> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
> Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
> Network Protocol : 40
> Options compiled in:
> linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
> using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
> using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
> using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
> using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
> using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
> using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
> ====
>
> Same kernel, different mythtv version, different branch!  wtf?  I
> installed both directly via yum, using the atrpms repo -- why are the
> versions vastly different?  Why is one trunk, and the other
> branches/release-0-21-fixes?   Version 17446 version 17961M, too.  I
> have been stuck here for ... well, let's just say an embarassing number
> of days now.

For one machine you activated atrpms-bleeding. This is intended just
for testing development of mythtv.

> Where did I go wrong?  Any ideas?  How can I fix this (whilst remaining
> yum-friendly atrpms-synchronized)?   Please don't tell me I have to
> build it and install it - I could probably do that, but it's going to
> shatter my last hopes for yum as a usable package mgmt tool if I do.

Make sure atrpms-bleeding is deactivated (check
/etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo and set enabled=0 in the very last line
again). Then uninstall all mythtv bits and tell yum to reinstall them.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net