[mythtv-users] XBMC cross platform beta1

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:38:32 UTC 2008

2008/9/18 Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com>:
> I just updated my Xbox to the latest T3CH XBMC the other night and it seems
> that mythtv:// playback is hit or miss. It will play back some of the
> non-transcoded shows but anything transcoded just kicks back to the
> myth library. Same thing for live tv. I haven't troubleshot anything yet so
> I don't know where the issue lies. I also haven't tried the alpha on my
> Mythbuntu machine yet.

What format are you using to record in/transcode to?

I'm using a pair of PVR-250s and have no problems whatsoever.

As you're using the XBox version, you could try using MPlayer (Rather
than the default DVDPlayer):

Choose a recording,
Press "Title" (XBox remote) or "White" (XBox pad)
Move down to "Play Using..."
Choose "MPlayer"

It could be a bug that their hand-written DVDPlayer core (From FFMpeg)
isn't decoding your transcoded format properly.

I haven't tried LiveTV, however. I never use it anyway.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston