[mythtv-users] Many programs not getting any commercial detection

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 15:03:13 UTC 2008

Mark,

I'm not sure if my problem is related to yours or not.  I've noticed
commercial detection flake out recently as well.  Especially with
commercials that precede a program, or those that follow a program.
I've tried running the backend with verbose logging turned on, but I
really don't know what it look for, and it quickly gets over a hundred
pages long when I try to save the log to a file.

My biggest problem is even if I manually flag commercials, myth will
not cut them when I do a transcode.  The file gets shrunk (going from
mpeg2 to mpeg4) but the commercials are left in tact.  Whats funny is,
the skip list still works, so myth at least skips them when I play the
video on the front end, but it doesn't help when I move the video to
disc for archiving.

I'm running mythdora 5; i've run yum update \*myth\* a few times, so
I'm not sure where my version number is at.

Gordon