[mythtv-users] Symptoms of not enough PS wattage

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 22:03:50 UTC 2008

Hi, I'm wondering what symptoms there could be for a power supply not producing enough wattage.  I have:

both an HDTV card and a PVR-150 card,
two SATA hard drives and a SATA DVD-writer,
one firewire connection to an STB,
an Athlon 3600+ AM2 CPU and two Kingston 512MB Memory,
a cpu fan and a few case fans,
an nvidia 7200 fanless pcie card,
Onboard nforce sound,
a usb LCD and a usb card reader,

The power supply is a Seasonic S12 380W.

I'm having some problems with the picture quality of both of my capture cards.  I'm looking into driver and reception issues as well, but I thought I'd ask about power allotment, and if that could be the culprit.

Thank you,
Sam