[mythtv-users] Apple TV as frontend - but I don't have any widescreen yet

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Wed Sep 17 19:08:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 11:39 -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Sep 17, 2008, at 11:03 AM, jedi wrote:
>
> >> I'm not afraid of compiling myself or running trunk. If you read my
> >> post, you'll see that I already am. The problem is finding the
> time
> >> reformat and reinstall my AppleTV box. I can't seem to get trunk
> >> going
> >
> >     I guess my internal "commercial skip" filtered it out. It still
> > doesn't make any sense. If you can't figure something out under the
> > Ubuntu variant you already have installed, what makes you think
> > burning
> > it down and rebuilding it is going to help?
>
> I can't seem to figure out how to get QT4 stuff installed and
> playing
> nicely under mythbuntu whereas getting it done in ubuntu was
> extremely
> easy. I installed ubuntu from scratch and had myth compiled in about
> 3
> hours on a dev machine last Saturday. I've already spent more time
> than that trying to get it to happen in mythbuntu. I'm probably just
> doing something wrong since I've only started with *buntu about 2
> months ago, but since I know reformatting and starting over will
> work,
> that's the route I'm going. I'm not willing to invest any more time
> into getting svn built under mythbuntu.

http://mythbuntu.org/auto-builds

        Automated Weekly MythTV Trunk Builds
        Explanation
        Also, there have been requests for trunk builds of mythtv. Many
        users opt to use trunk for features only available in
        development versions. It is also a good way to help with MythTV
        testing. Please note that these builds are not as optimized as
        regular builds to make it easier to debug them, so you may run
        into performance problems. By using the trunk builds, you
        sacrifice the stability afforded by a regular release cycle. If
        you are currently on a regular release, backup your MySQL
        database prior to enabling trunk builds. There is no returning
        to regular releases after enabling trunk. The trunk repository
        is usually built from the SVN trunk. When a major release branch
        is created for an upcoming release, trunk is changed to follow
        that branch. When it's released it is changed back to trunk.

Also, on the relationship between Ubuntu and Mythbuntu, and what part is
what, I would seriously consider reading the following post, as you
sound confused:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/347354#347354

Nico