[mythtv-users] Apple TV as frontend - but I don't have any widescreen yet

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Sep 17 17:29:23 UTC 2008

On Sep 17, 2008, at 10:12 AM, jedi wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 08:54:59AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> I've recently been recording with 2 HD-PVR's. In the process, I found
>> that I could not play back 720p content with my frontend until I
>> compiled from trunk and now I can play back quite nicely. For
>> kicks, I
>> copied over one of my files to the AppleTV running current-fixes
>> mythbuntu and it *nearly* played back - meaning that video played
>> back
>> smoothly and audio played back smoothly, but out of sync with each
>> other. When I find the time, I'm going to reformat the AppleTV,
>> install with ubuntu and compile a trunk frontend which, by all
>> indications, will play back 720p content ok.
>>
>> If someone happens to know of a public repository for running a
>> recent
>> trunk frontend under mythbuntu, I could test this much quicker and
>> get
>> a definitive answer.
>
> Don't be a wimp. Just check out the source and build it.

> I'm running trunk (everywhere).

I'm not afraid of compiling myself or running trunk. If you read my
post, you'll see that I already am. The problem is finding the time to
reformat and reinstall my AppleTV box. I can't seem to get trunk going
under mythbuntu, so I need to install ubuntu from scratch to do it.
This is a huge time investment that I can't make right now. So in
response to "don't be a wimp", I say, "Don't be such an ass."