[mythtv-users] Channel Changing Trouble On New Build

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Sep 17 16:49:38 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 17/09/2008, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:
>
>> I've been (mostly) successfully running MythTV since 0.17.  I am
>>  currently using 0.21_p18116 from Gentoo's portage tree.  My kernel is
>>  2.6.26.
>>
>>  I acquired a AMD X2 3800+ and associated motherboard with an Nvidia
>>  chipset to replace my sluggish AMD XP 2800+ combo BE/FE.  The old box is
>>  not running any Myth.  It's only up so that I may refer to it and gather
>>  needed config files.I moved the pcHDTV 3000 card from my old box to my
>>  new.  I also have a HDHR on the network.
>>
>>  I deleted all cards from all frontends and then re-added my cards on the
>>  new box.  I have also run channel scans for all three cards and the
>>  scanner finds the channels I expect.  In the setup, all cards defaulted
>>  to starting on "3_1" which is ATSC channel 35.  Via "Watch Live TV" I
>>  receive the current broadcast on 3_1 but channel changes don't work.  I
>>  see the OSD tell me it's going to tune the next channel but nothing changes.
>>
>>  I've watched both the backend and frontend logs and am not finding any
>>  clues there.  Any ideas on what I'm missing?
>>

> Choosing the 'Delete All' options for capture cards and video sources
> is the best way to clear out your old settings.

Yes.  This is how I did it.

> Increase the verbosity of the backend log to include the channel and
> record log options, and see if you get more useful output.

I included these and then restarted the backend.  No messages.

> Have you specified a channel to tune to (rather than a valid starting
> channel) as this can break channel changing?

I'm not sure what you mean here.

I've found a bit more.  Seems channel changing works when specifically
entering a number such as "13_1".   When I do this I also get output in
the backend log.  Thus it appears that the UP/DOWN arrow keys are not
valid for channel changes however they do make the OSD show up like it's
going to change the channel.

How can I restore the UP/DOWN key function when watching Live TV?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!