[mythtv-users] nuvexport: no database entries

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:42:32 UTC 2008

I've setup a frontend on a faster machine to do some transcoding
without burdening the host cpu with all that math.   The new machine
is running i386 fedora 9, and has mythtv installed using the atrpms
repo.  The backend is a mythdora 5 box.  Originally the configuration
on the mythdora box pointed to 127.0.0.1 for everything.  This
prevented the other front end from connecting.  So I changed the
backend and master backend IP's to an external IP of 192.168.2.22...
which is the machines public IP.  The new frontend is named "fedora"
and has an ip of 192.168.2.130

Nuvexport complains it finds files but no database entries.  I've
tried running it with --debug for more information but receive none.

Here's what it says on the new frontend:

$ nuvexport --debug
Net::UPnP::ControlPoint is not installed!

0%
Found 240 files, but no matching database entries.
Cleaning up temp files.
Please see the following article for what to do with this information:
    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Nuvexport#Debug_Mode

Here's what it says in /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log on the backend:

2008-09-17 11:37:21.230 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
2008-09-17 11:37:21.231 adding: fedora as a client (events: 0)

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Gordon