[mythtv-users] kernel 2.6.26 and acpi wakeup problem

Drew Gilbert gilbert.drew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:33:47 UTC 2008

Alexander Petkov wrote:
> After switching to 2.6.26 acpi wakeup doesn't work anymore.
> Do any myth users run vanilla 2.6.26 and use acpi wakeup successfully?
>
> In my case, reverting back to a previous kernel version has acpi
> wakeup working as it should.
>
> TIA,
> Alex

Have you tried setting the wakeup time for sometime late the next day or
so and just leaving it?  I run 2.6.26 (Arch Linux x86_64) and my acpi
wakeup _sort of_ works, although it wakes up at the wrong time.  Last
night I used mythwelcome to power off the system and set the wakeup
(epoch) time to 1221672000, which should be Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:20:00
UTC.  My set wakeup time script writes this time to a file so I know the
time is correct.  I checked the  My hwclock is set to use UTC and my
local timezone is UTC+1, however the system booted on Wed, 17 Sep 2008
00:00:00 UTC.

This definitely used to work correctly but I've updated several times
since checking it still worked but I've been putting out a few other
fires, this is next on my list so I'm glad you brought it up.  I'll try
to do some testing over the next few days to see if I can figure out
what's going wrong.

Drew