[mythtv-users] VNC and MythTV

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 04:05:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> The original poster didn't say whether they wanted persistent sessions or
> not - that's a critical factor as to whether X-forwarding makes sense for
> their use or not.
>
> Yes, I guess I never consider the fact that someone might want to keep an x
> application running even though they aren't using it. That's not a concept
> that makes much sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me, I am a screen user all the time which does
the same job for console programs, eg rtorrent.

If you wanted to leave, say, utorrent open you could do so under what
is suggested.

There is no right or wrong answer, just different solutions for
different problems. Get over it, both of you :-)