[mythtv-users] Channel Changing Trouble On New Build

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Sep 17 01:06:21 UTC 2008

I've been (mostly) successfully running MythTV since 0.17.  I am
currently using 0.21_p18116 from Gentoo's portage tree.  My kernel is
2.6.26.

I acquired a AMD X2 3800+ and associated motherboard with an Nvidia
chipset to replace my sluggish AMD XP 2800+ combo BE/FE.  The old box is
not running any Myth.  It's only up so that I may refer to it and gather
needed config files.I moved the pcHDTV 3000 card from my old box to my
new.  I also have a HDHR on the network.

I deleted all cards from all frontends and then re-added my cards on the
new box.  I have also run channel scans for all three cards and the
scanner finds the channels I expect.  In the setup, all cards defaulted
to starting on "3_1" which is ATSC channel 35.  Via "Watch Live TV" I
receive the current broadcast on 3_1 but channel changes don't work.  I
see the OSD tell me it's going to tune the next channel but nothing changes.

I've watched both the backend and frontend logs and am not finding any
clues there.  Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!