[mythtv-users] VNC and MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Sep 16 22:27:26 UTC 2008

On Sep 16, 2008, at 3:18 PM, Paul wrote:

> I just wanted to check if running VNC to mythtv user would cause any
> performance problems ?
> Note I'm NOT watching frontend via VNC just wanted access to Desktop
> remotely for running other GUI programs.
>
> its just that I'm having the dreaded "pre-buffering" and "audio lost"
> issues but want remote access to desktop.

It would take a few short minutes to find out for sure instead of
waiting for responses on the list and then guessing if the answer you
might receive would apply to your system or not.

However, you probably would do better with X-forwarding over ssh so
you can run X on your local machine and the apps from your myth box.