[mythtv-users] Program recorded, but no file on two different Myth systems

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue Sep 16 15:24:08 UTC 2008

On 15 Sep 2008 at 23:56, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Tonight, my Myth box tried to record an episode of Prison Break off my
> local Fox affiliate's (Fox 35 Orlando) OTA broadcast using a PCHDTV
> HD-3000.  The logs show that the recording started and stopped on time
> (though, for some reason I can't understand, the start message is in the
> master backend's log and the stop message is in the slave backend's
> log).  However, the file was never created.

I've seen this DOZENS of times, and I'm not sure it was limited to FOX. This
was on a machine running frontend/backend with only 1 disk array, so I
chalked it up to my combination of RAID/XFS with my database on the same
drive. Hmmm... same configuration I've used for years... whatever.

I've since taken that machine out of service in preparation for the launch of a
new backend "any day now" so I can't give you any more information...
except that this machine seemed to run just fine at first, then the problem
showed up once or twice, then seemed to manifest itself more often than
not. (more often than not is an exageration, but when the WAF drops... you
know how it is)

Marvin