[mythtv-users] Two tuners - channel change doesn't work

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 14:02:48 UTC 2008

Brian C. Huffman wrote:
> I have two tuners - one DVB and one PVR250 connected to an STB.  I have
> a channel change script that sends IR to the STB.  I'm having a problem
> that when I first (say first time in the morning) start watching liveTV
> my DVB tuner is listed first, so that starts.  And then if I enter a
> channel that is on the 2nd tuner, it doesn't correctly change the
> channel (although it says that the channel change script exited with no
> error.
>
> After the first channel change, I can move around without any problems
> on the 2nd tuner and I can even go back to the first tuner and then try
> again and it works.  Running the channel change script manually always
> works correctly.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

IIRC, for watching LiveTV, the tuners are selected in the reverse order, so you
might want to consider reinstalling in the other order.

I am assuming you are leaving your box on overnight, so that would rule out any
startup problems. You might find, however, that your STB went to sleep overnight
so it misses or scrambles the first (or part of the first) IR command sent to it
when it wakes up again in the morning (mine does). You might need to fake up
some kind of dummy command that is sent to your STB when you first use it each
day, to get it into a 'ready' state.

--

Mike Perkins