[mythtv-users] No reception or EIT for Channel 5 in Essex

Paul Clark battledean at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:00:47 UTC 2008

Just to finish this dicussion for anyone who was interested - or might
stumble across this in the future.

When I plugged the aerial directly into the TV it all worked fine,
likewise when I plugged the aerial straight into one of the tuner
cards and not through the splitter.  So I guessed that the splitter
combined with my poor reception was the most likely problem.

After googling around I found a lot of people recommending the Philex
SLx2 2 way TV Aerial Signal Booster.  I bought one of these from eBay
and replaced the cheap Y splitter with it.  My problem is fixed and
generally the reception on all channels has been improved.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions along the way.

Cheers, Paul