[mythtv-users] Question on QAM channels and listings

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:30:01 UTC 2008

IN SD I see only the channels that a standard analog tuner would get.
For me thats channels 2- 74.  The clear QAM channels I am able to get
are 1-1 - 1-5 and 1008.  I have no idea what is on 1008 and 1-1 - 1-5
are digital stations but out by a local station.  When I look at SD i
have two choices for Comcast.  I have just Comcast and then Comcast -
Digital.  The Digital version lists channels from 2 - 999 but they
includes everything that would require the box and or additional paid
services to view.  There is a local broadcast option that lists alot
of stations that include the 1-1 - 1-5 of course on different channel
numbers that I suppose I could remap somehow but that still leaves me
not knowing what this 1008 channel is I get from time to time.