[mythtv-users] No picture on hdtv from nvidia fx5200 dvi to hdmi

Tim Shannon shannon.timothy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 15:41:15 UTC 2008

I've posted this issue on NVIDIA's forums as well, but I'm not getting any
here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119381

My setup isn't too weird, and I would expect other people to be connecting
their nvidia graphics cards to their Philips HDTVs.  As I said in the post
above, my setup worked fine originally, but something must have changed,
because now I can't get a picture at all.  I'm now watching all my hd
content through an svideo cord, and while my wife doesn't seem to mind, I
do.

I think the specific issue is more getting the correct xorg.conf settings
for the TV.  Is anyone on the list running with a Philips 42 or 47"?  Would
you mind dropping me a copy of your xorg.conf file, and even better a dump
of your edid file from the nvidia settings.

thanks,